This ranks among the largest intellectual property awards on record even though it’s far below Apple’s request for more than $2.5 billion. The federal jury in San Jose today found that Samsung Electronics Co infringed on six Apple patents and awarded $1.05 billion in damages, according to news reports. The jury also found that Samsung willfully infringed five of the seven Apple patents at issue in the trial and upheld the validity of all seven Apple patents. The jury also found that Apple did not infringe on any of Samsung’s patents and awarded Samsung no damages. Apple shares rallied in after-hours trading after the verdict was read.
Apple Stock Price Up After Winning $1B Award In Samsung Patent Infringement
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
Latest Film News
- Nancy Wilson Dies: Grammy-Winning Singer, Actress Was 81
- Jerry Seinfeld On Kevin Hart Oscars Controversy: “Kevin’s Gonna Be Fine”
- Sondra Locke Dies: Oscar Nominee & Clint Eastwood Co-Star/Ex Was 74
- STX’s ‘UglyDolls’ To Launch First Weekend Of May
- Barry Jenkins Back With 'Beale Street’; Lars Von Trier Has ‘House That Jack Built’ – Specialty B.O…
- Universal Dates Sam Mendes’ ‘1917’ For Christmas 2019