It was a good morning for Good Morning America on Friday. The ABC show beat out rival Today in the ratings, one day after Today’s Ann Curry tearfully exited the show after over a year as co-host and 14 years on the morning show. Scoring its best numbers of the week, GMA pulled in 398,000 more viewers overall than Today on June 29. Because Curry was already scheduled to be off Friday, the end of the week was Today’s first day with new co-host Savannah Guthrie; Guthrie officially joins Matt Lauer and the rest of the Today team July 9. Today had the upper hand in the 25-54 demo by 97,000 viewers, but among women 25-54 it was GMA that took the lead by 4,000.
Viewer Backlash Over Ann Curry's Ouster? 'GMA' Beats 'Today' on Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
Batwoman TV Series In Works At the CW With Groundbreaking Lesbian Superhero Lead From Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti
Hollywood & Beltway On Summit: Schwarzenegger Calls Donald Trump "Little Wet Noodle, Little Fan Boy" - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘9-1-1’ Season 2 Promos: Jennifer Love Hewitt Answers The Emergency Call When Earthquake Hits L.A.
- Netflix Terminates Contract With The Weinstein Co.
- ‘Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind’ Premiere Draws 1 Million Viewers On HBO
- ‘Teachers’ Adds Adam Korson To Roster; Sara Amini & Rati Gupta Join ‘Future Man’
- Julian McCullough New ‘Shark After Dark’ Host; Bob The Shark And Live Format Are Back
- Authentic Entertainment Co-Founder & CEO Lauren Lexton Departs, Helga Eike Returns To Replace Her