It was a good morning for Good Morning America on Friday. The ABC show beat out rival Today in the ratings, one day after Today’s Ann Curry tearfully exited the show after over a year as co-host and 14 years on the morning show. Scoring its best numbers of the week, GMA pulled in 398,000 more viewers overall than Today on June 29. Because Curry was already scheduled to be off Friday, the end of the week was Today’s first day with new co-host Savannah Guthrie; Guthrie officially joins Matt Lauer and the rest of the Today team July 9. Today had the upper hand in the 25-54 demo by 97,000 viewers, but among women 25-54 it was GMA that took the lead by 4,000.
Viewer Backlash Over Ann Curry's Ouster? 'GMA' Beats 'Today' on Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
'Pirates Of The Caribbean' & 'Titans' Star Brenton Thwaites, Lily Sullivan Lead Oz Pic 'I Met A Girl'
Latest TV News
- Kamala Harris Officially Announces White House Run On ‘Good Morning America’
- ‘Fox & Friends’ Apologizes For Accidental Graphic Suggesting Ruth Bader Ginsburg Is Dead
- ITV Label Possessed Scores Bumper Order For ‘5 Gold Rings’ As Ex-Sky Chief Adam MacDonald Joins As Chairman
- ‘Dating No Filter’ Producer Lime Pictures Relocates Unscripted Exec Ben Crompton To LA To Bolster U.S. Expansion
- Super Bowl LIII Set, As New England Patriots Beat Kansas City Chiefs 37-31 In OT
- Los Angeles Rams Going To Super Bowl, Beat New Orleans Saints 26-23 In OT