USA Network is lending voice to The Choir. The UK format produced by Twenty Twenty has been picked up by the net for a 10-episode run starting in February. Gareth Malone, known to U.S. audiences for hosting the British version of the show on BBC America, will front the USA take as he develops 10 individual choirs in different locations throughout the States. Each episode culminates with a “defining performance” and a “substantial emotional ending.” Twenty Twenty is part of the UK’s Shed Media Group, which is owned by Time Warner. Shed Media U.S. will produce the American version of The Choir, to be exec produced by Sam Whittaker and Stephanie Schwam. Warner Bros International Television Production will handle international distribution.
USA Network Orders 10 Episodes Of UK Singing Format 'The Choir'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- BAFTA Implements New Diversity Requirements For 2019 Film Awards
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In…
- Donald Trump Escalates Democrat-Blaming For His Border Baby Snatch Policy
- L.A. Memorial Service Set For Film Sales Vet Robbie Little