Univision was the No. 1 television network in America among the coveted adults 18-49 and adults 18-34 demos last week — just the third time that has happened. From July 2-8, the Spanish-language net beat CBS by 42%, ABC by 15%, NBC by 7% and Fox by 1% in 18-49. Among 18-34 the spread was more pronounced, with Univision outdelivering CBS by 150%, NBC by 60%, ABC by 57% and Fox by 16%. Last week, the telenovela La Que No Podia Amar was the top Univision show in both demos and the top broadcast show in America at 10 PM. La Que No Podia Amar actually starts airing at 9:59 each weeknight. The 8:58 PM lead-in, telenovela Abismo De Pasion, was No. 2 overall for the week for the network. It topped Adults 18-34 in the 9 PM slot and was number two among Adults 18-49. Granted, it was a week with a lot of repeats on the English-language networks, but it also included the Olympic Trials on NBC and new episodes of ABC’s The Bachelorette and NBC’s America’s Got Talent, among other. It marks the third time the Spanish-language network has topped its English counterparts in the key metrics, each time taking advantage of the summer malaise: Univision was No. 1 in 18-49 and 18-34 the week of August 30-September 5, 2010, and the week of August 29-September 4, 2011.
Univision Topped English-Language Nets Last Week In Key Demos
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance