Universal Pictures International said it will surpass $1 billion in international box office today. That marks the fastest it has reached the milestone, eclipsing the 2008 record of August 16. It’s the sixth consecutive year Universal has gone past the threshold, this time owing to such movies as Safe House ($77.5M), Dr Seuss’ The Lorax ($99.7M, with nine territories still to open), American Reunion ($177.4M, Battleship ($238M) and Snow White And The Huntsman ($220M). Most recently, the studio’s Ted opened in four territories and has already grossed $32.3Ml and still to come in 2012 are tentpole pics The Bourne Legacy, The Man With The Iron Fists, and Les Miserables.
Universal Passing $1B At Overseas Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Eyes $12M+ Thursday Night – Early Read
- MoviePass The Morning After AMC’s $20/Month Ticket Program: $164M Bond Sale, Surge Pricing & More
- MoviePass’ Reaction To AMC’s New Ticket Sub Plan? Sour Grapes & Smack Talk
- Universal Opens New Hong Kong Office, Sets Anita Cheung Woon-Man As GM
- AMC Boss Adam Aron On Economics Of $20/Month Movie Ticket Service: “Our Program Will Be Profitable While Others Struggle To Be…
- Imax Gives Thumbs Up To AMC’s New $20/Month Subscription Program