BREAKING: Tobey Maguire, who parted ways yesterday with CAA, has just signed with WME. His run with CAA went back to 2003, and the agency repped him through his Spider-Man years (though the deals were made by Gersh before he left there). I’d heard yesterday that the relationship with the agency had run its course and Maguire will take the next steps in his career with WME. Maguire just took a lead role in the Jason Reitman-directed Labor Day, and he plays Nick Carraway in the Baz Luhrmann-directed The Great Gatsby, which Warner Bros opens Christmas Day. He remains repped by Management 360.
Tobey Maguire Moves From CAA To WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Latest Film News
- CAA Signs ‘Destroyer’ Actor Shamier Anderson
- Fuse Books Premiere Dates For Three Documentaries, Sets First Title In Fuse Films Series
- A24 Lands NA Rights To ‘The Souvenir’ Sequel As First Film Is Poised For Sunday Sundance Premiere
- Jonas Mekas Dies: Avant-Garde Filmmaker And Champion Was 96
- Plaintiff In $100M Lawsuit Against Brad Grey & Brian Graden Wants Case Dismissed – Update
- Lorraine Toussaint To Portray Activist Flo Kennedy In Gloria Steinem Biopic