EXCLUSIVE: Universal‘s Ted will have a slow international rollout. But studios sources tell me that during just three days of previews in Australia its Seth MacFarlane-Mark Wahlberg comedy grossed an estimated $4.485 million at 199 locations (with only 2 day and 2 evening sessions at best). “This is off the charts and the biggest preview business Australia has ever seen,” the exec says. For context, Fox‘s Ice Age 4: Continental Divide is estimated to have grossed $4.85 in Australia for four days in official release at 280 locations. (Fox passed on Ted even though MacFarlane is BMOC at 20th TV and FBC.) Ted opens next weekend in Australia officially and Taiwan.
'Ted' Opens 'Off The Charts' In Australia
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star For Cross Creek
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’