Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed today that James Bond’s MI6 gadget pal Q is returning to the franchise in the 23rd Bond installment Skyfall and will be played by Ben Whishaw. For proof, they unveiled a production still from the movie, which Sony is releasing November 9. He is the fourth actor to play Bond’s famous quartermaster, the latest being John Cleese in 2002’s Die Another Day. Whishaw recently wrapped Warner Bros’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks on the film side in addition to his TV and stage work. He won a BAFTA for the BBC drama Criminal Justice in 2009.
Ben Whishaw Cast As Q In 'Skyfall'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Halloween' Scares Up 2nd Best October Debut With $77M+; Record For Blumhouse & Carpenter Canon; Great Miramax Comeback
Latest Film News
- ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Moves Back To November 2019, Cuffing Former ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Slot
- Netflix’s Use Of Artwork Personalization Attracts Online Criticism
- Ray Liotta, Ken Jeong, Adrien Brody, Travis Fimmel & More Round Out Cast For Charlie Day's 'El Tonto'
- Choice Of Sharp New Oscar Producing Team Gives The Academy A Chance For Serious & Successful Makeover: Analysis
- Skydance Hires Ex-Global Road Exec Jun Oh To Run Biz & Legal Affairs
- Donna Gigliotti To Produce 91st Oscars; Glenn Weiss Is Co-Producer