Producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed today that James Bond’s MI6 gadget pal Q is returning to the franchise in the 23rd Bond installment Skyfall and will be played by Ben Whishaw. For proof, they unveiled a production still from the movie, which Sony is releasing November 9. He is the fourth actor to play Bond’s famous quartermaster, the latest being John Cleese in 2002’s Die Another Day. Whishaw recently wrapped Warner Bros’ Cloud Atlas opposite Tom Hanks on the film side in addition to his TV and stage work. He won a BAFTA for the BBC drama Criminal Justice in 2009.
Ben Whishaw Cast As Q In 'Skyfall'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Space Force' Workplace Comedy Series From 'The Office's Steve Carell & Greg Daniels Ordered By Netflix
Martin Clunes Crime Drama 'Manhunt' Becomes ITV's Highest-Rated New Drama Since 'Broadchurch' As 9M Tune In
Latest Film News
- UTA Signs Sundance-Bound ‘Monos’ Filmmaker Alejandro Landes
- Frosties Or Sugar Puffs? Netflix Reveals Which Cereal Won Over Players of ‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings: “We Compete So Broadly” That HBO, Disney Only Matter “On The Margin”
- Jamie Lee Curtis, Tika Sumpter Wage 'An Acceptable Loss'; 'The Heiress', ‘Adult Life Skills’ Bow – Specialty…
- Seth Rogen-Charlize Theron Comedy Moves Up To First Weekend In May After Scoring SXSW Slot
- ‘The Tomorrow Man’ Lands At Bleecker Street Ahead Of Sundance World Premiere