The parents of a stuntman killed last year in an explosion on a 2nd unit location for The Expendables 2 in Bulgaria have filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against NuImage, Millennium Films and individuals associated with the production. The lawsuit filed today alleges negligence in the death of Kun Liu, son of plaintiffs Zong Yu Liu and Yan Mei Bai. Liu was killed in the blast at Lake Ognyanovo about 15 miles outside Sofia. Another stuntman, Nuo Sun, was seriously injured in the accident. The lawsuit says the explosion occurred October 27, 2011 on or near a “rubber boat” during filming of a stunt for the movie. Liu’s parents are seeking general and economic damages to be determined in a jury trial plus funeral and burial expenses and court costs.
Lawsuit Filed Over Stuntman's Death During 'Expendables 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star For Cross Creek
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’