DreamWorks Studios‘ feature film based on the Electronic Arts video game franchise will be released wide by Disney on February 7, 2014. DreamWorks offically acquired feature film rights to the property last month after setting Act Of Valor co-director Scott Waugh to direct. George and John Gatins developed the original story and George is writing the script; John is producing with Mark Sourian. Need For Speed was the first major project expenditure DreamWorks made once the company came out of suspended animation while waiting for Reliance to invest cash in a re-up. The video game series has sold more than 140 million units worldwide.
Disney Sets 'Need For Speed' Release For Feb. 7, 2014
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Pop & Rock: ‘Mamma Mia 2’ Puts $42M In Offshore Jukebox, ‘Skyscraper’ Tops China With $48M – International…
- Selma Blair Calls On Disney’s Marvel To Rehire James Gunn: “This Man Is One Of The Good Ones”
- ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Sends Universal Past $1B Mark At Domestic B.O.
- ‘McQueen’ Stylish And ‘Blindspotting’ Solid In Debuts, ‘Eighth Grade’ Gets High Marks In Week 2 – Specialty…
- Judy Craymer Rides High On ‘Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again’ Success And Explains How Meryl Streep Did Surrender
- Ryan Reynolds Shares His Real Thoughts About ‘Green Lantern’ & ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine…