The original Monsters Inc is one of the animated movies in the Disney collection to get the 3D rerelease treatment and still is following Finding Nemo 3D, which is due out September 14. Monsters originally was scheduled for January 18, 2013, but the Pixar pic is heading into the Holiday 2012 mix and will now bow December 19, a Wednesday. The 2001 original grossed $256M domestically, and its sequel Monsters University is set for release on June 21, 2013. Last year, the studio had success with its first rerelease venture, The Lion King, which grossed $92M in its 3D form.
Disney Moves Up 'Monsters Inc 3D' To December
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest Film News
- David Glasser Launches 101 Studios With $300M+ In Funding For TV, Movie Projects
- Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige: ‘Black Panther’ Oscar Nom Fits Into A Heroic History
- Oscar Nominee Reactions: Rami Malek, Willem Dafoe, Rachel Weisz, Adam McKay & Many More
- Costume Designer Sandy Powell’s Risk-Taking Pays Off With Pair Of Oscar Nominations For ‘The Favourite’ & ‘Mary Poppins Returns…
- ‘Sopranos’ Prequel Film Finds Young Tony: Michael Gandolfini Is Chip Off Old Block
- ‘RBG’ Oscar Nomination Tops One Wild Year For Ruth Bader Ginsburg