“When you’re 17 years old and win your first gold medal, there’s nobody you’d rather share it with,” a promo for a Tuesday Today segment with swimming star Missy Franklin said on NBC Monday night. In yet another snafu that’s drawn criticism of NBC’s Olympics coverage, however, viewers on the East Coast wouldn’t see Franklin take the gold until the 100 meter backstroke final was aired seven minutes after the promo spoiled the surprise. Franklin had in fact taken the medal in London hours before the primetime broadcast, but the network has been drawing strong ratings so far during the Games, meaning a lot of viewers are tuning in with the expectation of at least some suspense. According to reports, NBC corrected the hiccup for the West Coast, airing promos for a profile of Ryan Lochte and the men’s gymnastics competition instead of the Franklin preview.
NBC 'Today' Promo On Missy Franklin Spoils Net's Coverage Of Swimming Win
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
'One Tree Hill' Alums Navigate Life Of Struggling Actors In Crowd-Funded Comedy 'Everyone Is Doing Great'
Latest TV News
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- David Ayer & Chris Long’s Cedar Park Inks First-Look Deal With Entertainment One
- John Oliver Censored In China After Scathing Winnie The Pooh Segment
- Lifetime Orders 3 Kim Raver-Produced Movies Based On Jane Green Novels; Alyssa Milano To Star In ‘Tempting Fate’
- ‘The Couple Next Door’ Thriller Novel Being Developed As Series By Paramount TV, Anonymous Content & Sugar23
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline