Maven Pictures is bringing the ballet of Rudolph Nureyev to the big screen with an adaptation of Dancer, based on Colum McCann’s bestselling 2003 novel. Maven’s Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray are producing with Davide Azzolini. While not a straightforward biography, Dancer tells the story of Nureyev from a young boy to the height of his international fame both on and off the stage during the 1970s. He died in 1992. Maven currently has two films in postproduction: Filth, withJames McAvoy and Jim Broadbent, and Imogene starring Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening, Matt Dillon, and Darren Criss.
Maven Pictures To Adapt Rudolph Nureyev Bio 'Dancer'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Oscars' Big Snubs: Bradley Cooper & Ryan Coogler For Director, Mr. Rogers Docu, Emily Blunt Get Cold Shoulder
Latest Film News
- Viggo Mortensen Reflects On The Twists & Turns Of His ‘Green Book’ Journey As He Preps His Directorial Debut
- David Glasser Launches 101 Studios With $300M+ In Funding For TV, Movie Projects
- Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige: ‘Black Panther’ Oscar Nom Fits Into A Heroic History
- Oscar Nominee Reactions: Rami Malek, Willem Dafoe, Rachel Weisz, Adam McKay & Many More
- Costume Designer Sandy Powell’s Risk-Taking Pays Off With Pair Of Oscar Nominations For ‘The Favourite’ & ‘Mary Poppins Returns…
- ‘Sopranos’ Prequel Film Finds Young Tony: Michael Gandolfini Is Chip Off Old Block