Here’s a first look at Tom Cruise taking on the hulking main character in the Lee Child novels for Paramount‘s Jack Reacher. It will be interesting to see the fan reaction to finally seeing Cruise as the ex-military policeman-turned-benevolent drifter who always finding himself smack in a situation where a helpless person needs someone who can put the clues together and kick butt when necessary. Some have questioned casting Cruise as a 6-foot-5, 250-pound bad ass. The movie, from Paramount and Skydance Productions, opens December 21.
Hot Trailer: 'Jack Reacher'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
Judy Blume Grants 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret' Screen Rights To James L. Brooks & Kelly Fremon Craig
'NYPD Blue' Sequel With Andy Sipowicz's Son Set At ABC From Matt Olmstead, Nick Wootton & Jesse Bochco
Latest Film News
- Judi Dench Set To Pounce On ‘Cats’
- Peter Bart: Peter Rice, High On Clout And Low On Visibility, Now Wields TV’s Biggest Portfolio
- Showtime’s Christina Spade Named CBS Corp CFO As Exec Shuffle Continues
- Netflix In Advanced Talks To Make ‘Idol’ With Matt Reeves’ 6th & Idaho; Hailee Steinfeld Starring…
- Showtime Boss David Nevins Named CBS’ Chief Creative Officer
- Adam Brody & Mark O'Brien Join ‘Ready Or Not’ Thriller At Fox Searchlight