The online streaming service forged a partnership with BBC Worldwide Americas to co-produce the fourth season of The Thick Of It, a UK political sitcom. It was created by writer Armando Iannucci, who also wrote HBO’s Veep and the film In The Loop. Starting July 29, Hulu and Hulu Plus will have exclusive U.S. rights to all episodes of the first three seasons. Then, this fall, the Hulu services will show new episodes from the fourth season the same day they air on the BBC in the UK. BBC America will run the series early next year. The Thick Of It is “ideal for Hulu’s audience which enjoys cutting-edge comedy television,” says BBC Worldwide Americas EVP Sales & Co-Productions Matt Forde. The often profane series is shot with hand-held cameras and takes viewers “into a world of political embarrassment, backroom deals, policy U-turns, spin-doctoring, political backstabbing and wild media speculation,” the companies say. It features Peter Capaldi, Chris Addison, James Smith, and Joanna Scanlan.
Hulu Teams With BBC For First International Co-Production
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- James Corden Concludes ‘The Late Late Show’s Week In London After 1M Apply For Tickets
- Paul McCartney Redefines ‘Carpool Karaoke’ With James Corden In Liverpool
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation