The newly titled Playing For Keeps (formerly Playing The Field) remains set for a December 7 wide release from FilmDistrict, which acquired the title at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The Nu Image/Millennium Films comedy stars Gerard Butler as a retired soccer pro who, burnt out on his playboy lifestyle and bankrupt, moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged ex-wife (Jessica Biel) and son (Noah Lomax). He starts to coach the boys’ soccer team but is tested by the sexy soccer moms and desperate housewives he must deal with. Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star. Gabriele Muccino directed the Robbie Fox screenplay.
FilmDistrict Renames Gerard Butler Soccer Comedy 'Playing For Keeps'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Judy Blume Grants ‘Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret’ Screen Rights To James L. Brooks & Kelly…
- Showdown Between AT&T And DOJ Gets Date For Oral Argument
- Netflix Stock Surges As Analysts Hail Quarterly Rebound: “Still Setting The Tone For OTT Viewing”
- Latino Groups Deliver Petition To Paramount As Part Of Second Protest Over Diversity Hiring
- ‘The Alienist’ Stars Luke Evans & Daniel Bruhl Set As Leads In Dramedy Based On French Film
- Shudder Scores Rights To Nicolas Cage’s ‘Mandy’; RLJE Films Gets Into ‘Monster Party’