The newly titled Playing For Keeps (formerly Playing The Field) remains set for a December 7 wide release from FilmDistrict, which acquired the title at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The Nu Image/Millennium Films comedy stars Gerard Butler as a retired soccer pro who, burnt out on his playboy lifestyle and bankrupt, moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged ex-wife (Jessica Biel) and son (Noah Lomax). He starts to coach the boys’ soccer team but is tested by the sexy soccer moms and desperate housewives he must deal with. Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star. Gabriele Muccino directed the Robbie Fox screenplay.
FilmDistrict Renames Gerard Butler Soccer Comedy 'Playing For Keeps'
What's Hot on Deadline
Elizabeth Banks To Star In & Produce Paramount Players Pic On The Day A Wyoming Hotel Maid Won A Dream Date With Prince
Latest Film News
- ‘TMNT’ Producer Galen Walker Ties Up With ToonBox In Co-Production Deal
- Filmmaker Tony Kaye Casts Robot As Lead Actor In Next Feature
- Sam Peckinpah’s Unproduced Screenplay ‘Castaway’ Acquired By Serbian Producer
- YouTube Partners With Roadside Attractions To Launch Susan Sarandon Thriller ‘Viper Club’ Theatrically
- Visual Effects Society Names Its 2018 Hall Of Famers & Other Career Honorees
- From Shakespeare To Elton John: Composer Shaina Taub Gets Ready To Wear ‘Prada’ – On Theater