The newly titled Playing For Keeps (formerly Playing The Field) remains set for a December 7 wide release from FilmDistrict, which acquired the title at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival. The Nu Image/Millennium Films comedy stars Gerard Butler as a retired soccer pro who, burnt out on his playboy lifestyle and bankrupt, moves back to Virginia to reconnect with his estranged ex-wife (Jessica Biel) and son (Noah Lomax). He starts to coach the boys’ soccer team but is tested by the sexy soccer moms and desperate housewives he must deal with. Judy Greer, Dennis Quaid, Uma Thurman and Catherine Zeta-Jones also star. Gabriele Muccino directed the Robbie Fox screenplay.
FilmDistrict Renames Gerard Butler Soccer Comedy 'Playing For Keeps'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Wealthier Than ‘Meg’ At Weekend B.O. With $22M+ – Saturday AM
- Director Boots Riley Questions Spike Lee’s ‘Black KKKlansman’ Politics On Twitter
- Rosamund Pike Declined To Strip For ‘Die Another Day’ Audition, But Got The Part
- Oscars: Cannes Favorite Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s ‘The Wild Pear Tree’ Is Turkey’s Foreign Language Entry
- Narrative PR Hires Publicist Alex Schack In Latest Ramp-Up
- Dave Bautista Sarcastically “Thanks” Disney For Firing James Gunn