FX has acquired commercial TV premiere rights to Ted, the Seth MacFarlane-directed raunch comedy that topped the domestic box office this past weekend with a $54 million haul. It’s the latest pickup for the network, which has made a habit of acquiring rights to top box office pics — it has landed 13 movies that finished first at the box office in 17 of the 2012’s first 26 weeks including Marvel’s The Avengers, Men In Black 3 and Snow White And The Huntsman.
FX Acquires TV Premiere Rights To 'Ted'
What's Hot on Deadline
Shailene Woodley, Jamie Dornan, Sebastian Stan & Matthew Gray Gubler Lead Drake Doremus-CJ Pic; Protagonist On For Sales -- AFM
'Blade Runner 2049' Star Ana De Armas Joins Daniel Craig & Chris Evans In 'Knives Out'; Shoot Begins Next Month
Latest TV News
- NBC Sets 2019 Billboard Music Awards Airdate
- ‘Big Bang’ Prevails On Scary Night For NFL
- ‘Ramy’: May Calamawy Cast As Series Regular In Ramy Youssef Hulu Comedy
- Fox Developing Family Comedy ‘Jill At Her Worst’ From ‘The Middle’ EP Tim Hobert
- J.B. Smoove Inks Talent Holding & Development Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- ‘Will & Grace’: Molly Shannon Returns For Season 10; Matt Bomer Gets Additional Episodes