Eric Dane, who has played Mark Sloan aka McSteamy on Grey’s Anatomy since the end of Season 2, will leave the ABC medical drama sometime next season, after wrapping his storyline. “After much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end”, creator Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, which broke the story. The recent eighth season finale saw Sloan seriously injured after a plane crash that claimed the life of Lexie (Chyler Leigh). Dane joins fellow regulars Leigh and Kim Raver who also are leaving Grey’s.
Eric Dane To Depart 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fired Paramount TV President Amy Powell Denies Making Insensitive Comments, Explores Legal Action - Update
'Magnum P.I.': Cast & Creators Talk Reboot, Possible Tom Selleck Cameo & 'Hawaii Five-0' Crossover - Comic-Con
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
Roseanne Barr Screams "I Thought The Bitch Was White" In Video Explaining Racist Valerie Jarrett Tweet
'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Cast & Creators On Season 6, LGBTQ Representation, & An 'SVU' Crossover? - Comic-Con
Latest TV News
- Roseanne Barr Screams “I Thought The Bitch Was White” In Video Explaining Racist Valerie Jarrett Tweet
- Jimmy Fallon Flips Switch On Trump News Network Franchise For ‘Tonight Show’
- ‘Nashville’: Sneak Peek At Series Finale & Time To Say Goodbye
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump To Host Bill Cosby Sleepover, Harvey Weinstein Movie Night After Putin Invite
- ‘Celebrity Big Brother’ UK Lines Up Meghan Markle's Half-Sister Samantha As C5 Goes For Controversial Theme
- BBC One Aims To Find Jack The Ripper In Emilia Fox-Fronted Science Documentary