Eric Dane, who has played Mark Sloan aka McSteamy on Grey’s Anatomy since the end of Season 2, will leave the ABC medical drama sometime next season, after wrapping his storyline. “After much consideration and conversations, he and I have decided that this is the right time for his storyline to end”, creator Shonda Rhimes told TVLine, which broke the story. The recent eighth season finale saw Sloan seriously injured after a plane crash that claimed the life of Lexie (Chyler Leigh). Dane joins fellow regulars Leigh and Kim Raver who also are leaving Grey’s.
Eric Dane To Depart 'Grey's Anatomy'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Controversial YouTuber Logan Paul Posts Trailer For Previously Shelved Movie
- Caroll Spinney, ‘Sesame Street’s Big Bird For 50 Years, Is Retiring
- Tia Mowry & Loretta Devine Star In ‘Family Reunion’ Comedy Series Ordered By Netflix
- Lionsgate Promotes Nannette Diacovo To EVP Legal Affairs
- Erick Opeka Named President of Cinedigm Digital Networks
- Garth Brooks ‘Live At Notre Dame’ Set For December On CBS