Alamo Drafthouse Cinema’s Drafthouse Films has acquired U.S. rights to The Ambassador, a darkly comic documentary that exposes the corrupt business of selling diplomatic titles at the expense of wartorn, third-world nations, particularly in Africa. The Mads Brugger-directed film will launch on VOD and digital platforms August 4 and get a theatrical berth at the IFC Center in New York on August 29, and The Cinefamily in L.A. and Austin’s Alamo Drafthouse on August 31. The film was financed by Lars von Trier‘s Zentropa.
Drafthouse Films Acquires U.S. Rights To 'The Ambassador'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Erick Opeka Named President of Cinedigm Digital Networks
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Continues To Hit Box Office High Notes, Clears $100M In 12 Days
- Peter Jackson’s WWI Movie ‘They Shall Not Grow Old’ Takes $730K In One Night, Eyes International Release
- Entertainment Studios Names Ronnie Ng As CFO & Head Of Corporate Development
- Keira Knightley, Gugu Mbatha-Raw & Jessie Buckley To Star In Miss World Film ‘Misbehaviour’ For Left Bank & Pathé…
- What Would Netflix Do Without ‘Friends?’