Is David Tennant the hardest working man in British television? After signing on in April to star in BBC Four mini The Spies Of Warsaw, then two weeks ago boarding BBC Two’s The Politician’s Husband, the erstwhile Doctor Who is now lending his talent to ITV. Tennant will star in Broadchurch, an eight-part drama from Life On Mars and Law & Order: UK producer Kudos Film and Television. Olivia Colman and Vicky McClure also star. The ensemble explores what happens to a small coastal community when a media frenzy comes to town after a young boy is murdered. Tennant plays the police detective leading the investigation. Created by Camelot exec producer Chris Chibnall, Broadchurch’s first and last two episodes will be directed by James Strong, whose credits include Downton Abbey. Law & Order: UK’s Richard Stokes is producing. The Hour’s Jane Featherstone is exec producing with Chibnall. Shooting starts in mid-August.
David Tennant Joins ITV & Kudos' Ensemble Drama 'Broadchurch'
What's Hot on Deadline
Miley Cyrus & Neil Young Lose Houses In California Wildfires, Guillermo Del Toro's Bleak House Survives - Update
People's Choice Awards: 'Avengers: Infinity War', 'Shadowhunters' Among Top Honorees - Full Winners List
Donald Trump Tweets Defense Of Paris Trip, Demands Florida Elections Be Called For Rick Scott And Ron DeSantis
Latest TV News
- ABC Developing Fashion Drama From ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Writer Pete Chiarelli & Zac Posen
- Vice Chief Creative Officer Tom Punch Exits For Role At Spring Studios
- ‘Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina’ Sets Holiday Special On Netflix
- ‘Veronica Mars’: Clifton Collins Jr. & Izabela Vidovic To Recur On Hulu Revival
- Stan Lee’s Marvel Movie & TV Cameos – A Photo Gallery
- Jimmy Kimmel Lands Michelle Obama’s First Late-Night Stop On ‘Becoming’ Book Tour