UPDATE: Christian Bale and his wife traveled to the town of the Aurora movie theater shooting and spent 2 1/2-hours meeting with seven gunshot victims who posted photos of their meeting Batman on the Internet. Warner Bros made it very clear to Deadline that The Dark Knight Rises star was representing himself, not the movie studio. (Though I hear studio reps accompanied him.) “The patients were really happy to meet Bale,” a hospital spokesperson said. “They are obviously big fans of his movies. They wanted to see Batman and were really pleased to see Bale.” Bale specifically asked that media not be notified of his trip. “He wanted to meet with victims and police,” the spokesperson said.
Christian Bale Visits Aurora Theater Shooting Victims: Not Representing Warner Bros
What's Hot on Deadline
Producers Guild Awards: 'Green Book' Takes Best Picture; 'Americans' & 'Mrs. Maisel' Lead TV - Winners List
Gillian Anderson Set To Join 'The Crown' Season Four As Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
'Glass' Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+ Despite Cracks In Tracking - Sunday Final
Aaron Sorkin To Congressional Newbies: "Stop Acting Like Young People"; Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Fires Back
Latest Film News
- ‘Glass’ Cracks $89M 3-Day Global Bow; ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Nears $800M WW – International…
- PGA Gives ‘Green Book’ Another Big Win But There Still Is No Real Front Runner – And Who In Their Right Mind Wants To…
- With Tuesday’s Oscar Nominations, Will Academy Officials Finally Leave The Bunker?
- 'Who Will Write Our History' Tops Slow Pack of Debuts; 'Free Solo' at $13.1M: Specialty Box Office – Update
- ‘Glass’ Now Looking At Third-Best MLK Weekend Opening With $47M+ Despite Cracks In Tracking – Sunday Final
- Andy Vajna, Producer Of ‘Rambo’ Films And ‘Terminator 3,’ Dies At 74