This could be a significant change for Apple: So far it has only made iTunes and Netflix available to Apple TV users who wanted to order movies and TV shows. Strangely, the companies aren’t saying much about the decision. There’s no press release with grandiose statements from execs — just this mention on the Hulu blog with instructions for Apple TV users who want to access the $7.99 a month service. But Apple’s desire to limit consumers’ choices seemed to put Apple TV at a competitive disadvantage to rivals including game consoles (such as Microsoft’s Xbox and Sony’s PS3) and Roku boxes that provide gateways to other video services including Amazon Prime. Hulu Plus streams a variety of TV shows including current and old series from ABC, NBC, FOX, The CW and Univision.
Apple TV Relents And Offers Its Users Access To Hulu Plus
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International Box…
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan