EXCLUSIVE: Studios are kicking the tires on Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell, the hugely popular video game by Ubisoft. I’ve heard that in recent weeks, Warner Bros had engaged in talks, but now, the conversation is with Paramount Pictures, which is the frontrunner to land the project. The studio would not comment other than to say there is no deal. The original game, revolves around Sam Fisher, a covert operative who so far has been put on six missions covering six installments of the game that has sold 22 million units and spawned several novels. Videogame movie deals are always complicated–and there haven’t been that many film successes–and Ubisoft will be very involved and retain control over how the game is translated into a film. Stay tuned to see if Paramount closes the deal, which is likely how this will go down. While Clancy merely endorsed the vidgame, Paramount is steeped in movies generated by the novelist. Kenneth Branagh directing a reboot of the Jack Ryan franchise with Chris Pine, and the studio also developing Without Remorse, the Clancy spinoff novel that focuses on mercenary John Clark.
Ubisoft Vidgame 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' In Play For Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $180M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…