Travis Fimmel (The Beast, Baytown Outlaws) and Jessalyn Gilsig (Glee, Heroes, CSI: NY) are among the new cast members announced today for History’s upcoming scripted series Vikings. Fimmel will play the role of Viking leader Ragnar; Gilsig has been tapped for the role of Siggy, the wife of Earl Haraldson played by the previously announced Gabriel Byrne. Also announced today: Gustaf Skarsgard (The Way Back) as Floki, Clive Standen (Camelot, Robin Hood) as Rollo, and Katheryn Winnick (Stand Up Guys) as Lagertha. The previously announced George Blagden will play the role of Athelstan, an Anglo-Saxon monk captured by Ragnar on his first raid on England. Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok, his band of Viking brothers and his family as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. Johan Renck and Ken Girotti are slated to direct multiple episodes of the series, which premieres next year.
Five New Cast Members Join History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Nightbreed’ TV Series Reboot From Clive Barker & Morgan Creek In Works At Syfy
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Creator Veena Sud On How Lack Of Asian American Representation Influenced Her Career
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Admits He “Minimized” N-Word Use By PR Chief
- ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’: Courtney Ford Upped To Series Regular For Season 4
- Crime Reality Show ‘Bounty Live’ In Works By ‘Busted Live’ & ‘Over The…