Studiocanal has acquired UK rights to The Alan Partridge Movie. A maladroit radio and TV host created by Steve Coogan and Veep‘s Armando Iannucci, Partridge has been played by Coogan since the 90s, most notably in the British TV series I’m Alan Partridge. In his first move to the big screen, Partridge will attempt to salvage his public career and negotiate a potentially violent turn of events at his Norfolk radio station. Coogan is best known to US audiences for getting blown up in Tropic Thunder and doing impressions of Michael Caine in 2010’s The Trip. Alan Partridge starts shooting in January for an Aug 16, 2013 release. Coogan and Iannucci penned the script with frequent Sacha Baron Cohen collaborator Peter Baynham and Neil and Rob Gibbons. Declan Lowney is directing. Producers are Kevin Loader and Henry Normal. Exec producers are Iannucci, Danny Perkins, Joe Oppenheimer and Christine Langan. Embankment Films is handling international sales. The Baby Cow/Studiocanal production is backed by BBC Films with development support from the BFI.
Studiocanal Sets U.K. Release Date For Steve Coogan's 'The Alan Partridge Movie'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International…
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own
- ‘The King' Reigns Over Mixed Weekend of Openers; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Robustly: Specialty Box Office
- David Lynch: Trump Could Be “One Of The Greatest Presidents In History”
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?