EXCLUSIVE: Leaping from YouTube to the big screen, Spoken Reasons has been added to the cast of The Heat. The online comedy star joins Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in the Paul Feig-directed film. Specifics are sketchy but Reasons will play a lead character called “Terrell Rojas.” The Fox distributed cop buddy movie, where Bullock’s FBI agent and McCarthy’s Boston cop team up against the Russian mob, starts filming next month. The Heat is the feature film debut for the 23-year old Spoken Reasons, whose real name is John Baker. However it is far from his first time in front of the camera. Producing, directing, writing and starring in skits and music videos on his own YouTube channel, Spoken Reasons has garnered more than 125 million views online. He has more than 500,000 subscribers. A recent collaboration with producer Brian Robbins’ new YouTube-financed channel AwesomenessTV helped put Reasons in front of Feig, who quickly cast him in The Heat, Deadline has learned. Feig is executive producing The Heat. Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping and Dylan Clark will produce. Spoken Reasons is repped by UTA and managed by Steve Rifkind.
Paul Feig's 'The Heat' Adds Online Comic Spoken Reasons
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Still Loud With $147M+ – Early Sunday AM Update
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- Marvel’s James Gunn Blasts Trump For Signing Crime Victim Photos
- Seth Rogen Refused A Picture With House Speaker Paul Ryan
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…