Another week, and another Paramount movie in trouble. First there was G.I. Joe 2‘s plot problems leading to reshoots and a release date delay. Then there was World War Z‘s problematic production and required reshoots and third act revision. Now it’s the Michael Bay-produced Ninja Turtles reboot. Paramount says it has pushed back the pic’s start date by 10 weeks in order to cut the budget $10M to $20M down to $125M. That means the release date also will push back: from Christmas 2013 to May 16, 2014. Initially, Paramount hired the Iron Man writing team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway for close to $1 million to revamp Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a fast-tracked live action feature film to be released in summer 2012. At the time, the studio was looking at this as its next huge franchise like Transformers. Then the Jonathan Liebesman-directed live action-CGI combo’s release date was pushed to Christmas 2013. Now Paramount tells me it’s pushed again to May 16th, 2014 — presuming that the studio’s cost target is achieved.
Paramount Delays ‘Ninja Turtles’ Start Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
'Fear The Walking Dead's Colman Domingo Lifts The Lid On AMC Adaptation Of Stage Play 'Dot' - Mipcom
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
Latest Film News
- MoviePass Films Sets Horror Feature ‘The Reckoning’ With Director Neil Marshall; Charlotte Kirk Starring
- Universal Takes Multiple Territories On Annapurna-Backed ‘The Sisters Brothers’ Following UK Rights Intrigue
- Hollywood Film Awards To Honor ‘Crazy Rich Asians’
- SPC’s Michael Barker Talks Awards Contenders & Distribution Challenges: “There’s More At Stake Than Ever Before”…
- Influential Appoints Entertainment Media Executive Andrew Pelosi Chief Business Officer
- AMP & ICM Launch Sales On ‘Still/Born’ Duo’s Horror ‘Z’, Starring ‘Bates Motel’ Actress Keegan Connor Tracy…