The season two premiere of MTV’s comedy series Awkward in an upgraded 10:30 PM time slot drew 2.2 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among people P12-34 last night. That was up 29% in both total viewers and 12-34 over the July 2011 series premiere when Awkward aired at 11 PM on Mondays, following Teen Mom. Last night, Awkward impressively built onto its lead-in, Jersey Shore offshoot Snooki & JWoww (2.06 million viewers) which was down a modest 6% from its series premiere last Thursday. Including the premiere episode and two encore airings, Awkward drew in a combined 3.8 million total viewers.
MTV's 'Awkward' Up In Second Season Premiere, 'Snooki & JWoww' Slips In Week 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest TV News
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border