Michael Rapaport is getting some Tough Luck. He has been set to direct the Brooklyn-based noir thriller, an adaption of Jason Starr’s 2003 novel. Starr is writing the screenplay. Rival Pictures is producing, and shooting is scheduled to start in New York next year. Known for his roles in front of the camera in TV series like Prison Break and movies like Woody Allen’s Mighty Aphrodite, Rapaport directed Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels Of A Tribe Called Quest, which was released last year. The hip-hop documentary won the PGA’s Producer of the Year Award. Rapaport is repped by Paradigm and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Michael Rapaport To Direct 'Tough Luck'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Wealthier Than ‘Meg’ At Weekend B.O. With $21M+ – Saturday AM
- Director Boots Riley Questions Spike Lee’s ‘Black KKKlansman’ Politics On Twitter
- Rosamund Pike Declined To Strip For ‘Die Another Day’ Audition, But Got The Part
- Oscars: Cannes Favorite Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s ‘The Wild Pear Tree’ Is Turkey’s Foreign Language Entry
- Narrative PR Hires Publicist Alex Schack In Latest Ramp-Up
- Dave Bautista Sarcastically “Thanks” Disney For Firing James Gunn