EXCLUSIVE: Max Winkler and Matt Spicer are on board for The Coward. The duo will co-write the adaptation of Nick Jones’ comic play about 18th century English aristocrats. Winkler will direct and Spicer will executive produce the Big Beach Films project. American Work’s Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nanden, along with Big Beach’s Mark Turtletaub and Peter Saraf, will produce. The duo, along with Jason Reitman, worked together on 2010’s Ceremony, starring Uma Thurman. Winkler has also been attached to direct a crime comedy with Steve Carell for Warner Bros. Both Winkler and Spicer are repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Max Winkler & Matt Spicer Adapting 'The Coward'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Latest Film News
- Comcast Drops Out Of Fox Bidding, Ceding Prize To Disney
- Russell Brand & Paula Patton Join Michael Caine & Matthew Goode In Family Pic ‘Four Kids And It’
- ‘The Curse Of La Llorona’ Terrifies ScareDiego With First Look, ‘It: Chapter 2’ & ‘The Nun’ Debut Unnerving New Footage…
- ‘The Walking Dead’, ‘Jack Ryan’, Marvel & ‘Mayans M.C.’ Rule Comic-Con Marketing
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Producer Lionel Wigram Acquires YA Novel ‘The Dreadful Tale Of Prosper Redding’
- Damien Chazelle & Ryan Gosling’s ‘First Man’ To Open 75th Venice Fest; Alfonso Cuarón’s ‘ROMA’ Also Expected In…