A Sundance Film Festival favorite when it premiered in January, The Queen Of Versailles will be released July 20 by Magnolia. The film, which won the festival’s Best Documentary Directing prize for Lauren Greenfield, chronicles the riches-to-rags misadventures of a billionaire family that builds the biggest (might I add gaudiest) house in America at 90,000 square feet, only to be unable to finish it when David Siegel’s empire is walloped by the bursting of the real estate bubble and the economic collapse of 2008. As a result, the family is forced to make changes in their spectacular lifestyle and spending habits.
Hot Trailer: 'The Queen Of Versailles'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Tweet Fever Follows Weekend Bombshell White House Counsel Cooperated With Mueller For Months
John Oliver Taunts Donald Trump's "One Man Legal Improv Troupe" Rudy Giuliani Over "Truth Isn't Truth" Argument
'American Horror Story: Apocalypse': Ryan Murphy Posts First Look At 'Coven' Reunion With Stevie Nicks
'Celebrity Big Brother': Kirstie Alley Reveals She Had “Snacks” With Prince Charles At Courtney Love’s House & Stormy Daniels Explains Exit
Latest Film News
- ‘What Men Want’: Taraji P. Henson Comedy Moves To Pre-Valentine’s Weekend
- Danny Pudi Set For ‘Babysplitters’; ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Star Chris Pang Joins Osric Chau In ‘Empty By Design…
- New Line Acquires Lillian Yu Spec, Chinese-Centric Romantic Comedy ‘Singles Day’
- Sony Picks Up Horror Pitch For ‘A Quiet Place’ Producer Platinum Dunes
- The Acclaimed Fred Rogers Doc You May Not Have Heard Of: ‘It’s You I Like’ Contends For Major Emmy Honors
- A24 Takes Sebastián Lelio's Pic ‘Gloria Bell’ Prior To TIFF World Premiere