Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will have its world premiere November 28 in New Zealand — two weeks before its U.S. debut and on Jackson’s home turf. Warner Bros bows the film in the states December 14, 2012; the second film in the series, The Hobbit: There And Back Again, is set for domestic release December 13, 2013. New Line Cinema and MGM teamed on the movies, the prequels to the JRR Tolkein novels that begat Jackson’s The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Filming on the Hobbit movies is taking place at Stone Street Studios in Wellington and on location throughout New Zealand.
'Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' To Premiere In New Zealand On Nov. 28
What's Hot on Deadline
'Vice' Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale's Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early Screening
First Lady Of The United States Drama Produced By Michael Weatherly & Eric Christian Olsen In Works At CBS
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
Latest Film News
- Constance Wu: 'Crazy Rich Asians' Sequel Must Wait; She’s Not Yet Attached To Jennifer Lopez Film
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘Vice’ Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale’s Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At Early…
- Disney Unveils ‘Galaxy’s Edge’ Teasers, Including New John Williams Music, Ride Previews
- YouTube Now Streams Ad-Supported Movies Including ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Rocky’
- Ira Sachs Drama ‘A Family Vacation’ Starring Isabelle Huppert Gets New Title, Release Date