EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has attached Guy Ritchie to direct a new version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s pirate tale Treasure Island, and has set Alex Harakis to write the script. Ritchie will produce the film with his partner Lionel Wigram and Langley Park’s Kevin McCormick. It was Wigram who originally set up a stylized version of the classic novel, much the way he did Sherlock Holmes, which Ritchie directed. He set it up before he and Ritchie became partners. Their first move after partnering was to take on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., after Steven Soderbergh dropped out of the film. UTA and Magnet Management rep Harakis.
Guy Ritchie To Helm 'Treasure Island' For Warner Bros As Studio Sets Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Takes $5M Wednesday, 5-Day Forecast $23M-$25M; 'Meg' Swims To $59M+ - Thursday AM B.O.
How Warner Bros. Tore Up B.O. Projections & Audaciously Sold 'Meg' As A Horror Comedy For A $44.5M Weekend Win
Latest Film News
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s ‘Here And Now’ To Hit Theaters In November In AMBI & Paramount Deal
- Bankruptcy Court OKs Sale Of Relativity Media To UltraV Holdings
- Imagine Entertainment Ups Karen Lunder To Head Film Development & Production
- ‘Mulan’ Writing Duo Lauren Hynek And Elizabeth Martin Ink With APA
- Hot ‘Cherry’ Book Auction Handcuffed Because Imprisoned Author Has Run Short Of Phone Call Minutes
- Ming-Na Wen Reflects On ‘The Joy Luck Club’ 25 Years Later, Praises ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ As Another “Historical”…