EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is casting up the main roles for Noah, the Biblical epic that stars Russell Crowe. I’m told Aronofsky has set Douglas Booth to play Noah’s son Shem. Noah’s older son, Ham, will be played by Logan Lerman. Still to be cast is Noah’s wife — word is that Jennifer Connelly is among the actresses in the mix for that role (she starred with Crowe in A Beautiful Mind) — as well as Noah’s nemesis in the film. Early on there were whispers that Liam Neeson might play that role, but that’s not happening. There is also a great role for a young actress, the love interest for Noah’s oldest son. The film’s being co-financed by Paramount and New Regency and is Aronofsky’s follow-up to Black Swan.
Douglas Booth And Logan Lerman Board Boat For 'Noah'
What's Hot on Deadline
Dems Pounce On Corey Lewandowski Mocking Down Syndrome Child In Fox News Channel Debate On Border Policy
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Ready To Leave $135M+ Footprint Stateside As Global Evolves To $600M+
Latest Film News
- CBS Battle With Shari Redstone Moves Forward; Judge Combos Suits, Declines Stay
- Disney’s Bob Iger On Need For Fox Deal: “The Consumer Is Voting — Loudly”
- George Clooney In Early Talks To Direct Fox Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Echo’
- Warner Bros Claims Spain Court Victory Following Piracy Dispute
- ‘Creed II’: Watch Michael B. Jordan, Sylvester Stallone In First Trailer
- ‘The Predator’ Set To Invade San Diego Comic-Con