There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest TV News
- ‘Nightbreed’ TV Series Reboot From Clive Barker & Morgan Creek In Works At Syfy
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word
- ‘Seven Seconds’ Creator Veena Sud On How Lack Of Asian American Representation Influenced Her Career
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings Admits He “Minimized” N-Word Use By PR Chief
- ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’: Courtney Ford Upped To Series Regular For Season 4
- Crime Reality Show ‘Bounty Live’ In Works By ‘Busted Live’ & ‘Over The…