The BBC’s BAFTA-winning Sherlock is gaining popularity in the U.S. The PBS series’ second-season premiere drew 3.2 million viewers last night. While not a match for the 5.4 million posted by the recent second-season finale of Downton Abbey, Sherlock‘s number still more than doubled PBS’ average primetime rating. The solid number comes as CBS is close to picking up to series Elementary, its own contemporary take on Sherlock Holmes.
UK's 'Sherlock' Solid In Second Season Premiere On PBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
ABC Midseason Schedule: 'A Million Little Things' On Thursday, 'Dancing With the Stars' On Break, 'Whiskey' & 'Fix' Slotted
Latest TV News
- Melania Trump Calls Out “Opportunists”, Says Media Is Writing History But “It’s Not Correct”
- Fox News Channel Tops Basic Cable In 2018; Sean Hannity Leads Lineup
- Consent For Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ Was Fraud, Roy Moore Claims
- CBS News Settles With Three Charlie Rose Accusers; Suit Against Fired Host Continues
- Steven Yeun Joins ‘The Twilight Zone’; Miley Cyrus In ‘Black Mirror’
- WME Signs ‘Justice League’ Star Ray Fisher