Sundance Selects will release the Lucy Mulloy-directed Una Noche in North America. The film premiered in Berlin and plays in competition at Tribeca where it won Best New Narrative Director, Best Cinematography and Best Actor in a Narrative Film for Dariel Arrechada and Javier Nunez Florian. Pic follows a day in the life of two Cuban teens as they dream of escaping poverty and heading 90 miles to Miami. This is the film where actress Anailin de la Rua and Nunez Florian actually used the trip to New York as a way to escape Cuba and seek political asylum in the U.S. UTA and XYZ Films sold it.
Sundance Selects Acquires North American Rights For 'Una Noche'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped; State Says "Appropriate Resolution," Family "Thank God" - Update
Livid Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Insists Jussie Smollett Is Guilty: "Is There No Decency In This Man?"
Stephen Colbert Compares Mueller Probe Outcome To 'Lost' & 'Seinfeld' Finales, Says "I'm Sorry" To Donald Trump
Latest Film News
- ATA Blasts WGA For Threatening To Throw “Industry Into Chaos” As Latest Talks End
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Marvel Reassures Fans To Hold On To “That Shred Of Hope…”
- ‘Devil In The White City’ Author Erik Larson Signs With UTA
- Michela De Rossi Lands Final Lead In ‘Sopranos’ Prequel ‘The Many Saints Of Newark’
- Freestyle Digital Media Acquires Marcia Klimpton’s ‘Bardo Blues’; Vertical Enters Horror Pic ‘The Convent…
- Entertainment One And Universal Pictures Home Entertainment Sign Multi-Territory Distribution Agreement