EXCLUSIVE: The multiplatform national release of the documentary With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story includes special theatrical screenings Wednesday in Pasadena; Austin; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Fairview, Texas; Bolingbrook and South Barrington, Ill.; Redmond, Wash.; and Glendale, Wyo. The deal for the 1821 Pictures movie comes after Epix HD acquired the rights during this year’s Slamdance Film Festival; the channel showed the film about the life of the superhero king over the weekend during a Marvel Superheroes promotion. The movie will screen via iPic Entertainment, with Lee participating from Pasadena in a live-streamed Q&A with audiences at each of the venues. The doc will hit VOD and other digital platforms May 8 in a deal with FilmBuff. WME negotiated the deals on behalf of the filmmakers.
Stan Lee Doc 'With Great Power' Headed For Special Theater Screenings
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
Latest Film News
- AT&T To Launch Its WatchTV ‘Skinny Bundle’ Video Streaming Service
- ‘Hurricane Heist’ Producers Moshe Diamant & Christopher Milburn Team With Superkombat CEO On Action Label
- ‘Dead In A Week’: First Trailer & Key Deals For Comedy Starring Aneurin Barnard, Tom Wilkinson…
- Gal Gadot and 'Wonder Woman 1984' Planned As Warner's Big Comic-Con Surprise
- Wall Street Betting On Comcast To Counter Disney’s Offer For Fox
- Universal Bringing The Thrills To Comic-Con With ‘Glass’ & ‘Halloween’