Producers Malcolm Kohll, Michael S. Murphey and Ofir Kedar are prepping a three-picture series based on South African novelist Deon Meyer’s Devil’s Peak trilogy. The crime novels focus on Benny Griessel, a detective with Cape Town’s Serious and Violent Crimes Unit. Sean Bean is set to play Griessel, a recovering alcoholic with family issues and other demons who’s very good at catching murderers. The first book in the series, Devil’s Peak, was published in 2004, followed by Thirteen Hours in 2009 and 7 Days in 2011. The Little Film Company is handling international sales and will introduce the project to foreign buyers in Cannes. Hersch Klaff, Robbie Little and Robert Fig are executive producing. A September start date is being eyed, with shooting to take place in South Africa. Murphey was recently supervising producer on District 9 and a co-producer on DNA Films’ upcoming Dredd, both of which shot locally. He’s producing Devil’s Peak via his Kalahari Pictures banner. Bean co-stars in ABC series Missing and will next be seen in Silent Hill: Revelation 3D.
Sean Bean To Star In 'Devil's Peak' Trilogy Based On Deon Meyer Book Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Film News
- Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic ‘Eurovision’ As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon
- Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Cannes Winner ‘Shoplifters’ Continues Japan Box Office Surge, Crosses $16M In Second Week
- Sammy Davis Jr. Biopic Project Sets Up At Paramount Pictures
- Amblin, Sam Mendes Set WWI Drama ‘1917’ As His First Directing Effort Since James Bond Pics ‘Spectre’ & ‘Skyfall…
- L.A. Memorial Service Set For Film Sales Vet Robbie Little