Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest Film News
- Netflix To Distribute Spike Lee-Produced Film ‘See You Yesterday’
- Jeffrey Katzenberg-Led Startup Quibi Hires Former DC Boss Diane Nelson As Head Of Operations
- New Hollywood Podcast: Jovan Adepo On Working With Hollywood’s Best And How His Roles Reflect His Identity
- Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Trial Of The Chicago 7’ Put On Pause
- SAG Awards Sets Megan Mullally As Host
- Sony Gets Inventive, Seeks Patents For ‘Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse’ Animation Tech