Tech news reports I saw this weekend drop this bombshell on Hollywood as well as PC consumers: the next-generation Windows 8 operating system won’t automatically play DVDs and Blu-ray – even if your laptop has a DVD or Blu-ray drive. Instead Windows 8 will require you to fork over cash. Expect from greedy Microsoft an extra-cost option to install a Windows Media Center software upgrade to allow DVD and Blu-ray playback. Let’s hope a 3rd party freebie bitchslaps this abomination.
Pay To Play DVD/Blu-Ray? Windows 8 Sucks
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Meghan McCain On Donald Trump's Complaint About Dad's Funeral: "I Don't Expect Decency From Trump Family"
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Latest Film News
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s Chelsea Peretti Joins Issa Rae & LaKeith Stanfield In ‘The Photograph’
- Justin Baldoni Inks With WME & Management 360
- MGM Names Netflix’s Stephen Bruno To Chief Marketing Officer Post
- Emily Blunt In Talks To Star In ‘Not Fade Away’ At Annapurna; John Krasinski & David O. Russell Producing
- Lincoln Center 50th Gala Adds Scorsese, Aronofsky, Gyllenhaal, Dee Rees
- Rom-Com ‘Plus One’ Acquired By RLJE Films Ahead Of Tribeca Premiere