Dimension Films announced today that it is partnering with Starz Digital Media to offer up the sequel to the fish-ploitation pic Piranha 3DD on-demand and online in places like Amazon, iTunes and Xbox Live the same day as its theatrical release Friday. It marks the first time a 3D movie is taking the increasingly common day-and-date distribution route. Beginning tomorrow, Piranha 3DD will be available for a 48-hour VOD rental; $6.99 in standard and high definition, and $7.99 in 3D. The first film in the franchise made $25M domestic and $83.2 globally when it was released in August 2010. The sequel stars Danielle Panabaker, Matt Bush and David Koechner.
'Piranha 3DD' To Test Day-And-Date Waters
What's Hot on Deadline
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Latest Film News
- Rosa Parks Feature Biopic Coming From Winter State Entertainment
- Shirley MacLaine To Receive AARP Movies For Grownups Career Achievement Award
- Berlin Panorama Lineup: Tilda Swinton, Jonah Hill, Jamie Bell, PJ Harvey & Pauline Kael
- The Guardian Newspaper Eyes Long-Form Feature Doc Drive As Silicon Valley Story Becomes Latest Online Film
- Film4 Appoints ‘Everest’ Line Producer Tori Parry As Head Of Physical Production
- ‘Monday’: First Look At Sebastian Stan & Denise Gough In Greece-Set Romance