The network is bringing the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards to Staples Center for the first time on September 6. The show will air at 8 PM PST. No word on a host or the lineup (Russell Brand is hosting the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on June 3), but it will need some real chart-toppers to hit the record 12.4 million viewers it drew last year with performances from the likes of Beyoncé, Bruno Mars and Adele. The VMAs will be broadcast across all of MTV’s more than 60 channels worldwide with an audience reach of 600 million households.
MTV Video Music Awards Moving To L.A.'s Staples Center
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
Latest TV News
- ‘Fleabag’ Dark Comedy Acquired By IFC From Creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge
- Jerry Seinfeld On Kevin Hart Oscars Controversy: “Kevin’s Gonna Be Fine”
- ‘The Conners’: ABC Eyes Expanded Season 2; Cast Negotiations Underway
- Cardi B Is ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Queen On ‘Late Late Show’ With James Corden
- Sondra Locke Dies: Oscar Nominee & Clint Eastwood Co-Star/Ex Was 74
- CBS Paid Eliza Dushku $9.5 Million To Settle Harassment Claim On ‘Bull’