Michael Wright, EVP and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies, has been promoted to President, Head of Programming. In his new position, Wright will continue to oversee all programming and scheduling for TNT and TBS, original programming for TCM and original content for all three networks’ digital extensions. He is based in Los Angeles and reports to Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks. During his 10 years at Turner, Wright has overseen the development of hit TNT series The Closer and Rizzoli & Isles and TBS’ off-network acquisition of The Big Bang Theory. He was also part of the team that recruited Conan O’Brien for a late-night show on TBS. TNT and TBS are launching four and three new series this year, respectively, as both networks are shifting form premiering originals only in the summer and winter to a year-round model. Wright, who joined TNT in 2002, was named SVP of original programming for the network in 2004. His duties expanded to include TBS in 2005 and TCM in 2007. Prior to joining Turner, Wright served as VP of movies and miniseries for CBS Prods. and CBS Entertainment.
Michael Wright Upped To President, Head Of Programming Of TNT, TBS and TCM
What's Hot on Deadline
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ Taps ‘The Things They Carried’ Author Tim O’Brien As Consultant For Season 3
- Gareth Emery To Topline ‘We Are CVNT5’ Electronic Dance Music Mockumentary Series On Verizon’s go90
- Marvel’s ‘Iron Fist’ Set To Hit Comic-Con; No Show For ‘Captain Marvel’ & Film Side
- ‘Genius’ Production Designer Arv Greywal On The Photograph That Inspired The Look Of ‘Picasso’
- Phil Gurin To Executive Produce Revamped Miss America Competition
- ‘Lucifer’ Set To Light Comic-Con Ablaze, Somehow