It’s still expected to be the #1 North American film for the third straight week. And now Marvel’s The Avengers currently stands as the #9 film of all time globally, passing Disney’s Alice In Wonderland and LucasFilm’s Star Wars Episode 1 (not adjusted for higher ticket prices or premium 3D or inflation). The film also just became the highest domestic grossing film of 2012, passing Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games in just 12 days of release. And it’s the 13th highest grossing domestic release of all time. Avengers’ cumulative performance to date is international $646.8M and domestic $395.7M for a worldwide total of $1.042.4B.
'Marvel's The Avengers' #9 All-Time Biggest
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
Latest Box Office News
- Broadway Jingles $40M In Holiday Season Coin; ‘Cher Show’ A Sell-Out At $1.1M
- Disney Makes Industry Box Office History Again With $7B+ Global Haul
- Wanda To Install 100 RealD Ultimate Screens Across China
- 2018 Domestic Box Office Will Cross $11B Mark In Record Time This Week
- ‘Aquaman’ Dives Into China With $94M; Best-Ever WB, DC & December Bow – International Box Office
- 'Mary Queen of Scots' Opens Regal; 'The Favourite' Expands Strong: Specialty Box Office