Mandragora International Group has signed an agreement to co-produce a feature film with the China Film Group Corporation. The Solar Pictures’ parent company and the state-run Chinese production and distribution company will work together on The Girl Who Knew Too Much. The thriller follows the love affair between a Chinese owner of a world-renowned fashion brand and an international supermodel. The English-language film will be written and directed by Bobby Paunescu. His past credits include 2008’s Megatron and 2005’s The Death of Mr. Lazarescu,both of which were in competition at the Cannes Film Festival during their respective years. Paunescu is the co-founder of Solar Pictures along with Jared Underwood, a former senior VP at Comerica Entertainment. Paunescu is also the founder and CEO of Mandragora International Group. Cristian Mungiu’s Beyond the Hills, which is co-produced by Paunescu, will be in the main competition at Cannes this year.
Mandragora & China Film Group Ink Co-Production Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
Latest International News
- MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: “What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!”
- ‘Hurricane Heist’ Producers Moshe Diamant & Christopher Milburn Team With Superkombat CEO On Action Label
- James Corden Addresses “Human Decency Issue” In United States During ‘Late Late Show’ From London
- ‘Dead In A Week’: First Trailer & Key Deals For Comedy Starring Aneurin Barnard, Tom Wilkinson…
- Netflix Acquires Korean Drama Series ‘Mr. Sunshine’ For July Premiere
- Conan O’Brien Talks Comedy That Endures & Shaq Makes A Spam Dunk – Cannes Lions