EXCLUSIVE: Lionsgate has enlisted newcomer Eirene Donohue to write the screenplay for Girls’ Night Out. Descrbed as a raucous, college-set, female-driven ensemble comedy, the project is based on an idea the studio hatched with producers Laurence Mark and David Blackman. Donohue, whose first spec script became a 2010 Nicholl Fellowship semifinalist, is also writing Made 2: Ladies Man for MTV, based on the reality series Made. She also is developing projects with Offspring Entertainment and Davis Entertainment. The Brown University grad is repped by Shan Ray at The Kaplan Stahler Agency and manager John Tantillo.
Lionsgate Taps Newcomer Eirene Donohue To Script Female-Driven Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest Film News
- ‘First Man’ Sound Editors Capture Neil Armstrong’s Journey To The Moon With Authentic, Evocative Palette
- A Fervent Plea To Hollywood’s Film Academy: Consider The No-Host Oscar Option
- Bill Siegel Dies: Emmy-Winning ‘Trials Of Muhammad Ali’ Director Was 55
- Scott Derrickson Back To Direct Next ‘Doctor Strange’ Movie
- Michael Sucsy To Helm ‘Playing To The Gods’; Clash Between Thesps Sarah Bernhardt & Eleonora Duse
- Female-Led Movies Outperform Male Peers At All Budget Levels – Study