John Karna is in negotiations to play the lead in Premature. The University of Oklahoma freshman would play a high school student in the movie, which occurs on Groundhog Day. Dan Beers will direct Premature from the script he co-wrote with Mat Harawitz. Aaron Ryder and Karen Lunder are producing. Karna’s last film Bindlestiffs was at Slamdance this past year. It was picked up for distribution by Kevin Smith. Karna is represented by the Coronel Group and attorney Jeff Frankel.
John Karna In Talks For 'Premature'
What's Hot on Deadline
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Despite The Tabloid Tie To Kevin Tsujihara, Actress Charlotte Kirk Wants A Chance To Be Judged By Her Onscreen Work
Latest Film News
- Pathé UK Appoints Former eOne Exec Faith Taylor As Head Of Marketing
- ‘Legends of Tomorrow’s Adam Tsekhman Joins Gary Oldman & Armie Hammer In ‘Dreamland’
- Florence Pugh In Talks For Marvel’s ‘Black Widow’ Stand-alone Movie
- Charlotte Kirk “Deeply Saddened” Over Warner Bros Chairman And CEO Kevin Tsujihara’s Exit
- ‘Full Frontal’ And ‘Russian Doll’ Producer Jax Media Launches Film Division, Taps John Hodges To Run It
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Chides Apple & Disney For Being “Very Late” To Streaming