IMAX grossed $21.1+M worldwide this weekend for 3D superhero actioner Marvel’s The Avengers bringing its global IMAX cume to approximately $31.2M through Sunday night. IMAX Avengers brought in $6.1 mil internationally (which includes an amazing first day gross in China of $1.1M) on 174 digital-only locations. In North America IMAX had one big problem: it ran out of seats to sell. Avengers grossed $15+M domestically on 275 digital-only IMAX screens, which looks to be a virtual tie with the Harry Potter finale for the highest grossing opening weekend in IMAX’s history. It reports 17 of the top 20 engagements in North America playing the film were IMAX runs, and 110 domestic IMAX locations established a new opening Saturday record. The domestic per screen average will come in at approximately $55K for the weekend. It was IMAX’s biggest domestic opening weekend for a digital only release, and IMAX’s biggest opening for 2012 so far.
IMAX Ran Out Of Seats To Sell 'Avengers'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest Film News
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Record $183M Beats ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Opening & Lifetime Totals Of ‘Cars 3’, ‘A Bug’s Life…
- ‘Like Father’ Trailer: Kelsey Grammer, Kristen Bell & Seth Rogen Are On A Boat In Netflix Comedy
- Tom Hollander Joins ‘Baptiste’, Angelina Jolie-Execed ‘The Breadwinner’ Wins At Annecy, UK Fund…
- ‘The Sopranos’ Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & ‘Mindhunter's Holt McCallany Star In Dark…
- ‘The Rest Of Us,’ Female Driven Babe Nation Creations Feature, Starts Shoot
- Blumhouse Partners With Tang Media On Chinese Horror/Thriller Pics