Paramount‘s Insurge label is collaborating with Tugg to release the horror film The Loved Ones, which most recently screened at this year’s SXSW. (The Tugg platform enables filmgoers who want to see a movie to set up on-demand screenings at local theaters.) Loved Ones, written and directed by Sean Byrne, centers on a girl who asks a guy to the prom and he says no — so she throws a prom of her own where he has no choice but to attend. Robin McLeavy and Xavier Samuel star.
Hot Trailer: 'The Loved Ones'
What's Hot on Deadline
Critics' Choice Awards Nominations: 'The Favourite' Tops With 14, 'Black Panther' A Marvel, 'First Man' Rebounds; 'The Americans' Leads TV Series
'Once Upon A Deadpool' Trailer: Ryan Reynolds, Fred Savage Remind About Movie Release...And Nickelback
'Walking Dead' $300M Lawsuit Looks Trial Bound; AMC's Move To Dismiss Denied Yet Cabler Claims "Victory"
Latest Film News
- ‘Toxic Avenger’ Movie Reboot In Works At Legendary
- Oscars: Foreign Language Shortlist Voting Nears The Wire; A Preview Of Possibilities
- Fox 2000, 21 Laps Win Screen Auction To ‘Mothers, Lock Up Your Daughters Because They Are Terrifying’
- 'Amazing Grace' Documentary On Riveting Aretha Franklin Gospel Performance Makes Late Bid For Oscar Attention
- Ahna O’Reilly To Play Fox News Correspondent Julie Roginsky In Jay Roach’s Roger Ailes Movie
- ‘Spider-Man’ Producers Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Bring Miles Morales To Big Screen In Spectacular Style