The Ben Affleck-directed and -starring Argo is due out October 12, 2012 from Warner Bros. The period drama sheds light on the real-life covert operation to rescue a group of Americans during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis, when six of the 52 U.S. citizens taken during the revolution managed to flee and find refuge at the home of the Canadian ambassador. The mission to rescue them was carried out by CIA exfiltration specialist Tony Mendez (Affleck), and was not made public for decades. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay based on a selection from Mendez’s book The Master Of Disguise.
Hot Trailer: Ben Affleck's 'Argo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Les Moonves' Lawyer Fires Opening Salvo In Legal War With CBS; Calls No Severance & Firing Decision "Without Merit"
'Fresh Prince' Star Alfonso Ribeiro Files Lawsuit Against Epic Games' 'Fortnite' Over Use Of Carlton Dance
Latest Film News
- ‘Where'd You Go, Bernadette’ Trailer: Cate Blanchett Stars In Richard Linklater’s Adaptation Of “Runaway”…
- James Wan Transforms ‘Aquaman’ From Punchline Into Powerhouse – The Deadline Q&A
- Rosa Parks Feature Biopic Coming From Winter State Entertainment
- Shirley MacLaine To Receive AARP Movies For Grownups Career Achievement Award
- Berlin Panorama Lineup: Tilda Swinton, Jonah Hill, Jamie Bell, PJ Harvey & Pauline Kael
- The Guardian Newspaper Eyes Long-Form Feature Doc Drive As Silicon Valley Story Becomes Latest Online Film